Padma Lakshmi is known internationally as an actress, food expert, model and award-winning author. And, recognized as India’s first supermodel.
She was born in India and grew up in America.
Who is she?
– She was born in Madras India. Her mother is a retired oncologist and father is a retired executive with the pharmaceutical company Pfizer.
– Lakshmi graduated from William Workman High School and then graduated from Clark University where she earned a BA with honors in theatre arts, That’s where she also began modeling.
– She started her modeling career when she was just 18 and has appeared on the covers of many prominent magazines like RedBook, Vogue India, FHM, Cosmopolitan, L’Officiel India, Asian Woman, Avenue, Industry Magazine, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, Town & Country and Newsweek.
– Lakshmi speaks English, Tamil, Hindi, Italian, and Spanish.
– Her debut cookbook Easy Exotic won her the “Best First Book” award at the 1999 Gourmand World Cookbook Awards.
– She has been the host of the US reality television program Top Chef since season two in 2006, for which she received a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program.
– Her debut memoir Love, Loss and What We Ate was released on International Women’s Day, March 8, 2016.
Feeling inspired? Then make the move to the US and we can help you get there using the EB-5 Visa program.
Message us on WhatsApp +1(224) 650-4020 or click on this link (https://ellisisland.capital/chat/).
We will guide you through the requirements and help with your entire EB-5 Visa application process.
So message us today.